Because Chris Brogan's Ending 2010 inspired me to write this:
Looking back at my experiences of 2010:
- I rediscovered my "creative content" due to healing of some "stuff" in my life.
- I dealt with being unemployed for 2 years.
- But - unemployment pushed me toward launching On High Heels.
- I learned that the steps to entrepreneurship can be terrifying, but oh-so worth it.
- I've learned SO much from amazing SM & entrepreneur super-stars like Natalie Sisson, the Mashable crew, Liz Dennery Sanders, Melissa Cassera, Carol Roth, and just a whole host of inspiring people.
- I am throwing aside the intimidation factor, and harnessing the power of belief (though that sounds cheesy).
- Meeting more successful women (and men) entrepreneurs, and hearing their stories.
- Learning and applying their techniques and knowledge - and then passing them on.
- Gaining clients, building my business, and becoming more adept at what may well be the new model of business via social media.
- Becoming more recognized in my local community as the go-to-girl for publicity, marketing, and coaching.
- Helping others believe in their creative content, and teaching them how to use it, show it, and make money from it.
- Growth in publicity for Camp Laurel and Platform Color Style Salon (for who I willingly and lovingly offer my pro bono PR services, simply because sometimes, it's just about loving what I do).